Monday, May 14, 2007

Insha' Allah...

I always seem to think of things I want to write down about what I am learning, and about my experiences... when I am away from the computer! Insha' Allah I will be able to be a little more active sooner or later on this blog. God seems to continuously pour out his blessings on my family. It hsa shocked, surprised, and humbled me to no end the endless flood of wonderful new opportunities that seem to be engulfing our family.

Some of my struggles remain the same. Which is fine. A friend of mine let me know that in Islam a person is not expected to make a complete and radical turn around. After all Muhammed (peace be upon him) did not turn the people in his society around right away. It took many years. I have however noticed that where God has not removed some of my personal struggles, they have become much easier.

I have had the opportunity every Saturday to "teach" the nursery school class at the Arabic School that they hold at a Masjid in a neighboring city. Each child is incredibly beautiful, and each in their own way with their unique personalities are amazing. I feel blessed for the opportunity to get to see the interaction between them. It is also helping me to learn basic Arabic words, so that I have a better understanding of some of the prayers and lessons that are spoken in Arabic.

I have uncovered a deep and unsatiable fascination with languages. I always sort of knew it was something that interested me... but as I learn how many interpretations a single word can have in another language... how many languages and dialects can spin off of one another... I can't help but want to know more.

So I have uncovered two very useful passions... the passion to teach and the passion for the written and spoken word. Both my husband and I are looking into getting into school, and I believe that I wish to major in linguistics and pursue a teaching degree, Insha' Allah.

No comments: